Washington SR-22 Insurance Quotes

Need an SR-22? Get a no-judgement quote in minutes

Get a Quick Quote

We’ve Got You Covered for SR-22 Insurance in Washington

So, something happened the other night when you were driving home from that bonfire in Redmond. Maybe the police pulled you over and you’d had just a tad too much of that special craft beer your cousin brought to the party. Uh-oh. Now, you have to get something called SR-22 insurance.

Don’t be afraid! At Vern Fonk, we’ve got your back. We are going to clue you in on the cheapest way to get SR-22 insurance, as well as the pitfalls to avoid.

What is SR-22 in Washington?

An SR-22, commonly referred to as SR-22 insurance, is a certification issued by your car insurance company providing proof that you carry the required minimum amount of vehicle liability coverage required by Washington. An SR-22 is most commonly required after a DUI conviction or other certain offenses. Some of these include:

  • Reckless driving or committing certain repeated traffic violations
  • Driving with a suspended license
  • Driving without auto insurance
  • Certain car accidents
  • Failing to pay financial obligations, such as court costs and child support

For most Washingtonians, your SR-22 period will be three years. Unfortunately, if you need SR-22 insurance, you can be kicked up into a higher risk category, which means your car insurance could be higher than the peaks of Mount Rainier.

Take heart: the Fonk has your back! We can help you find high-risk auto insurance you can afford.

How Will I Know if I Need a Washington SR-22?

Don’t worry. Most likely somebody wearing a judge’s robe will tell you (or you might get a notice by snail mail).

If your license is suspended, you might need an SR-22 to get it back. Keep in mind that letting your SR-22 insurance lapse at any time during your three years will cause the time to start over (kind of like the movie Groundhog’s Day only in a not-funny way).

Washington SR-22 Laws

Washington drivers are required to carry liability limits of at least $25,000 bodily injury per person, $50,000 bodily injury per accident, and $10,000 property damage.

Washington requires that an SR-22 endorsement be carried for thirty-six (36) consecutive months. If the policy is not renewed at least 15 days prior to expiration, a letter will be sent to the state, resulting in suspension of the driver’s license. Once the policy has been renewed, the state will reinstate the driver’s license. It is highly recommended that the insured renew their policy at least 45 days ahead of time.


Avoid the SR-22 Pitfalls in Washington

  • Buying too-expensive insurance that you cannot afford

  • Not shopping around and comparing quotes (or letting someone like Vern Fonk do that for you)

  • Failing to carry continuous coverage for your whole SR-22 term

  • Forgetting to put on your winter tire chains (OK, that doesn’t have anything to do with it but it’s still important!)

  • The Fonk Has You Covered for Your SR-22 in Washington

Do I need a Washington or Oregon SR-22?

Six states – Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania – do not require SR22 insurance. If a driver is required to carry SR22 and he or she moves to one of these six states, they must still continue to meet the requirements legally mandated by their former state.

All vehicles in Washington and Oregon must carry a minimum liability insurance policy. If a Washington driver has his or her license suspended, the driver must provide proof of financial responsibility by filing an SR22. This SR22 will certify the driver has the minimum amount of liability insurance for a certain period of time.

How Do I Obtain an SR-22 from Vern Fonk?

If you are not currently insured with Vern Fonk, you’ll need to start by obtaining a free online SR22 rate quote. After you complete your purchase, our Vern Fonk Washington  insurance agents will begin the process of filing the SR22 certificate on your behalf. If we need any additional information in order to complete the Washington SR22 request, a Vern Fonk insurance agent will contact you.

If you prefer to speak to one of our Vern Fonk insurance advisors to get a free quote and buy a Washington SR22 insurance policy  SR22, please call (800) 654-SR22.