Washington, Oregon, and Idaho Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Get cheap motorcycle insurance in minutes.
Get a Quick Quote
Affordable Motorcycle Insurance in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho
At Vern Fonk, we know there’s nothing like the open road. Take to the road with confidence knowing you are fully protected with Washington motorcycle insurance, Oregon motorcycle insurance, or Idaho motorcycle insurance from Vern Fonk.
With a motorcycle insurance policy from Vern Fonk, you can choose from many options designed to protect both you and your bike. Vern Fonk motorcycle insurance policies can be customized specifically to your needs to include things such as comprehensive and collision coverage, liability coverage – including bodily injury and property damage protection, roadside assistance, and more. At Vern Fonk, there’s a motorcycle insurance policy for almost all types of bikes. So, whether you own a scooter, moped, trike, or any other factory-built two or three-wheeled vehicle, you’ve come to the right place. Build a customized policy today and find the coverage you need to cover your specific motorcycle insurance requirements.
REQUEST A Motorcycle INSURANCE QUOTE ONLINE IN 3 EASY STEPS
Washington and Oregon Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
Washington Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
Important Information About Motorcycles
Effective July 28, 2019, the 2019 Washington State Legislature passed a new law that all motorcycle drivers must carry liability coverage and proof they have insurance. They are no longer exempt from our state’s mandatory auto insurance law (leg.wa.gov).
Washington State’s Mandatory Auto and Motorcycle Insurance Law
Washington state’s mandatory liability insurance law (leg.wa.gov), which is under the authority of the Washington State Department of Licensing (www.dol.wa.gov), requires anyone who drives a motor vehicle or a motorcycle (effective July 28, 2019) in our state to do one of the following options:
Carry liability insurance with liability limits of at least:
- $25,000 for injuries or death to another person
- $50,000 for injuries or death to all other people
- $10,000 for damage to another person’s property
Once you buy motorcycle insurance, carry the insurance card with you in case you get into an accident. That way, you’ll have all the information you need (policy number, phone numbers, etc.) to exchange with the other party.
Oregon Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
Liability insurance is required in amounts of this much or more:
- $25,000/person: bodily and property damage
- $10,000/crash: property damage to another party
- $50,000/crash: bodily injury to another party
- $25,000/person and $50,000 per crash of Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- $15,000: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, covering accident-related costs.
When must you register and insure your two (or sometimes three) wheeled vehicle? Basically, if your motor bike can go 30 mph or faster, you need to carry insurance.
- Mopeds are defined as having two or three wheels, can be propelled by pedals, cannot go over 30 mph, and have an engine that is not more powerful than 50 ccs
- All other cycles with more powerful engines and no pedals, including motor scooters, are classified as motorcycles (like Vespas)
These motor-propelled vehicles are exempt from registration and insurance:
- Pocket bikes and mini-motorcycles
- Electric assisted bicycles. These are less powerful than 1,000 watts and can’t travel more than 20 MPH
- Electric personal mobility devices. These have two wheels, an electric motor, and transports one standing person (like Segways)
- Motor-assisted scooters. These have two or three wheels, a limit of 24 mph, and an engine that is 35 ccs or less or is less than 1,000 watts (for electric)
- Snowmobiles and tractors.
Vern Fonk offers cheap motorcycle insurance for all types of motorcycles and motorbikes, including:
Motorcycles 25 Years and Older
General Purpose Motorcycles
Limited Production Cruisers
Street Sport Bikes
High Performance Motorcycles
Sport Touring Bikes
Dual Purpose or Enduro Motorcycles
Motocross and Dirt Bikes
All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
Get a Motorcycle Insurance Quote Today
If you need motorcycle insurance in Washington, Oregon, or Idaho call Vern Fonk at 800-455-8276 today or get an online quote. Because motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic, we’ll make sure you and your bike are protected. Vern Fonk has Washington and Oregon insurance offices in Aberdeen, Bellevue, Bellingham, Federal Way, Kent, Kirkland, Lacey/Olympia, Lynnwood, Mt. Vernon/Burlington, Oak Harbor, Port Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Silverdale, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, Wenatchee, and Yakima.