Insurance Quote

Have Tickets?
Vern Fonk Can Help!

Insurance Quote

Protect Your Most
Valuable Investment!

Insurance Quote

Make Sure Your Business
Is Protected Today!

Insurance Quote

High-Risk Driver?

Broad Form
Insurance Quote

Insure Your License,
Not Your Car!
Frequently Asked Questions

Below are the glossary of common insurance related terms. If your word is not here,
feel free to call us at 1(800) 654-7722 and we will be happy to help you.

How can I get a quote for auto insurance?

Call Vern Fonk Insurance today at 1 (800) 654-SR22.

What is an SR-22?

SR-22 is a form that shows that you have auto insurance. It’s the State’s way of making sure that you maintain liability insurance. It is required by the state for drivers who are high risk. Here are some of the reasons a state might require you to file an SR-22 form:

DUI (drunk driving)
serious moving violations such as reckless driving
racking up a lot of highway points in a short period of time
being pegged as a habitual traffic offender
causing an accident while uninsured.
Regulations vary from state to state, but high-risk drivers usually have to carry SR-22 insurance for three years. We can get the SR-22 on file in one day in most cases. To find out more call us at 1 (800) 654-SR22.

Where can I get motorcycle insurance?

Vern Fonk Insurance, of course! Do you have a Crotch Rocket, Harley or Tour Bike? Then we have a motorcycle insurance plan for you – call us today for more information.

What does my credit score have to do with insurance?

Absolutely nothing! At Vern Fonk we have 9 companies that won’t discriminate!

I Need my license back. Can you help?

The answer is YES! At Vern Fonk Insurance, we have more than 20 companies to consider taking you on. If the big named companies have turned you down you have come to the right place.

What is Anna's Ride Home?

Anna’s Ride Home was launched – with outstanding success – on February 1, 2003, at the Lucky 7 Bar and Restaurant in Kirkland, Washington. We are working with restaurants and bars to solve the problem of having fun and having a safe ride home. We have partnered with local cab companies, and currently have implemented “ANNA’S RIDE HOME” designated driver/voucher program with four Seattle area bars. The purpose of this program is to get the alcohol-impaired driver out of the driver’s seat and to create awareness so people make safe choices concerning drinking and driving.

ANNA’S RIDE HOME works like this:
In participating bars and restaurants, alcohol impaired patrons or their friends ask the server for an “Anna’s Ride Home” voucher. The server gets the voucher from the bartender. The server or bartender writes the address of the alcohol-impaired person on the voucher. The bartender calls the cab company, which sends a cab to the bar or restaurant and takes the person/people to the address on the voucher. This service is free to the patron/patrons, and paid for by the Anna Armstrong White Foundation and cooperating establishments.

Be a Program Sponsor!
Contact Barbara White at for more information on how you can make a difference in our community!

Visit for more information about the Foundation

What should I do if I just had an auto accident?

You should inform your insurance company right away. Make sure you’ve gotten a copy of the police report and the other party’s (or parties’) insurance information.

Remember, just because you inform your insurer of an accident doesn’t mean you’re making a claim.

Which coverages pay for damages to my vehicle?

Depending on what kind of damage your car suffers, one of your physical damage coverages — comprehensive or collision insurance — will pay for the damages.

If your car is hit by a deer or other animal, stolen, catches on fire, or is vandalized, your comprehensive coverage will kick in. If you crash into something and crunch your car, your collision coverage will kick in.

Both of these coverages are optional and, of course, adding them to your policy will raise your insurance premium.

Can I get home owners insurance for standard or high risk?

We have 12 companies able to handle preferred, standard, specialty, and high risk Homeowners insurance. We can do older homes, losses, out of state landlord, course of construction, vacancies and more! Call us today at 1-800-654-7722! For those in Seattle, the Eastside and the Northend ask for R.C.Green. Those in the Southend should ask for Hope Farrell.

What if I have too many tickets or accidents?

We have more than 20 companies to consider taking you on. If the big named companies have turned you down; you have come to the right company. That won’t be a problem with Vern Fonk Insurance.

Do I need to purchase insurance before I buy a new car?

If this is your first car, yes, you’ll have to buy auto insurance before you drive your shiny new car off the dealer’s lot.

However, if you already have an auto policy, that will generally cover your new automobile for a period of up to 30 days after you buy it. Once that 30-day period is up, you’ll have to talk with your insurance company to insure that new vehicle.

What can I do to protect myself against uninsured drivers?

Purchasing uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage can protect you against uninsured drivers. In many states, UM coverage is required by law.

UM coverage will pay for medical bills and pain and suffering if you are hit by an uninsured driver. In some states, UM property-damage coverage is available. If your car is crunched by an uninsured driver and you have UM property-damage coverage, you’ll be able to get your car fixed under this coverage, rather than using your collision coverage.

Generally speaking, UM property-damage coverage carries a lower deductible than collision coverage.