Insurance Quote

Have Tickets?
Vern Fonk Can Help!

Insurance Quote

Protect Your Most
Valuable Investment!

Insurance Quote

Make Sure Your Business
Is Protected Today!

Insurance Quote

High-Risk Driver?

Broad Form
Insurance Quote

Insure Your License,
Not Your Car!
Commercial Truck Insurance

Click Here For
A Commercial Auto
Insurance Quote


If you rely on a truck for business, you need to make sure you have the best possible truck insurance you can afford.

It doesn’t matter whether you use your truck to deliver packages around our city, or furniture across our state, your truck is your lifeline to financial stability and freedom.

If you have just one truck, a fleet of commercial automobiles or trucks, that’s no problem either.

We help Washington and Oregon truckers, trucking companies and owner operators get the right insurance at a great price. That’s why Vern Fonk offers competitive rates on Washington trucker’s insurance or Oregon trucker’s insurance.

Vern Fonk can help you keep your business moving by connecting you with commercial truck insurance carriers to help you find the best possible policy you need to protect your investment while adhering to your budget.

Insurance that Caters to Truckers

We offer quotes from some of the most experienced and well-established A-rated commercial truck insurance carriers in the business, so you know you’re covered by a competent company who understands a trucker’s unique needs.
You can find truck insurance for any number of localized or regional trucking businesses plus motor carriers and owner operators in a variety of industries including construction, soil and gravel hauling, freight, logging and many more!

Types of Washington Trucker’s Insurance and Oregon’s Trucker’s Insurance

At Vern Fonk, we will help you choose the best truck insurance for your exact situation:

  • Truck Liability Insurance
  • General Liability
  • Dump Truck Insurance
  • Property Damage
  • Motor Truck Cargo
  • Commercial Truck Roadside Assistance
  • Commercial Auto Insurance
  • Bobtail/Deadhead

At Vern Fonk, you can choose any type of coverage you need and it doesn’t matter whether you’re a trucking rookie or a seasoned veteran, most commercial truck insurance companies require no minimum driving or trucking business experience to get coverage.

Washington and Oregon Truck Insurance Filings

Vern Fonk offers Washington, Oregon and federal insurance filings. Once you file for authority, we take care of the rest.

  • ICC
  • MCS90
  • BMC34
  • Form E
  • Form H
  • SR22
We Know the Washington Trucker’s Insurance Laws

Before you start obtaining quotes, first consider whether you need to purchase commercial insurance. All commercial vehicles (which require a commercial license to operate) need commercial insurance, including:

  • Passenger carriers
  • Household goods movers
  • Common carriers
  • Solid waste companies

However, if you own your own business and have a sedan that one other person operates, or if you have vehicles that don’t require a commercial driver’s license to operate, you can probably get by with private vehicle insurance. This has a lower minimum amount of coverage.

You will need to purchase insurance and obtain a permit from the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission before you can legally begin operating your commercial vehicles.

Required Amounts of Coverage
The minimum amounts of required coverage?or, the combined single limit (CSL)?for commercial vehicles are different for each type of commercial vehicle.

Common Carriers of Household Goods
The minimum amounts required are:

  • Non-hazardous property: Vehicles under 10,000 GVWR: $300,000 CSL
  • Non-hazardous property: Vehicles over 10,000 GVWR: $750,000 CSL

Common Carriers
The minimum amounts required are:

  • Hazardous property: Vehicles over 10,000 GVWR: $1 million CSL
  • Hazardous property including explosives, poison gas, compressed gas, radioactive materials (any vehicle weight): $5 million CSL

Passenger Carriers
The minimum amounts required are:

  • Vehicles carrying 15 or fewer passengers (includes driver): $1.5 million CSL
  • Vehicles carrying 16 or more passengers (includes driver): $5 million CSL
  • Non-profit special needs vehicles with 15 or fewer passengers: $500,000 CSL
  • Non-profit special needs vehicles with 16 or more passengers: $1 million CSL

Solid Waste Collection
The minimum amounts required are:

  • Under 10,000 GVWR: $300,000 CSL
  • 10,000 GVWR or more: $750,000 CSL
  • Biomedical waste: $1 million CSL


Confused? Call our Vern Fonk Washington and Oregon commercial trucking insurance agents today!

We Know the Oregon Trucker’s Insurance Laws

The Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV) has the same insurance requirements for both commercial and private vehicles, as long as they’re fewer than 26,001 pounds and don’t transport hazardous materials.
The minimum amount of liability coverage required by the state is:

  • $25,000 per person for bodily and property damage
  • $10,000 per crash for others’ property damage
  • $50,000 per crash for bodily injury to others

The policy must also have:

  • $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) for expenses after the crash
  • $25,000 per person/$50,000 per crash of Uninsured Motorist Coverage

Coverage for Vehicles Weighing 26,001 Pounds or More

If your vehicle weight is more than 26,0001 pounds, you will need to get $750,000 in coverage.

Contact Vern Fonk for Washington Auto Insurance or Oregon Auto Insurance Today

Whether you need auto insurance, homeowner’s insurance, or business insurance in Washington or Oregon, call Vern
Fonk at 800-654-SR22 NOW or get an online quote. We’ll protect you when you’re behind the wheel of your car.
In Washington and Oregon, Vern Fonk has insurance offices in Aberdeen, Bellevue, Bellingham, Federal Way, Kent,
Kirkland, Lacey/Olympia, Lynwood, Mt. Vernon/Burlington, Oak Harbor, Port Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Silverdale,
Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, Wenatchee, and Yakima.