Insurance Quote

Have Tickets?
Vern Fonk Can Help!

Insurance Quote

Protect Your Most
Valuable Investment!

Insurance Quote

Make Sure Your Business
Is Protected Today!

Insurance Quote

High-Risk Driver?

Broad Form
Insurance Quote

Insure Your License,
Not Your Car!

Insurance FAQ

We get a TON of questions everyday from our clients and it’s great! We do our very best to help educate our customers so they know exactly what their policy covers and they know what they’re paying for.

Here are some common questions we get asked daily:

What is an SR22?

SR-22 is a form that is proof that you have auto insurance. It helps show to the state that you have the minimum liability insurance requirements.  You may be required to obtain a SR22 for many reasons. Check out our SR-22 page for more info.

Will my credit score hurt how much I pay for car insurance?

Vern Fonk works with at least 9 car insurance companies that don’t discriminate drivers based on credit score. If you’ve got less than perfect credit, give us a call for a good auto insurance rate!

What do I do if I’m in an accident?

After you have determined that everyone is safe and unharmed, inform your insurance company about the accident right away. Get a copy of any police report involved, and get the other driver(s) insurance information.

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for more answers to common insurance questions!

Fall – Time for Flood Insurance

Washington Flood InsuranceAs Fall is quickly approaching, it may be time to consider purchasing flood insurance or reviewing your existing policy. Most homeowner insurance policies do not cover flood damage, and a separate policy needs to be purchased. Even if you don’t live near a body of water or river, a flood can happen when you least expect it.

FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) is responsible for administering flood insurance policies. They can be purchased through insurance agencies like Vern Fonk. Most homeowner’s insurance policies only cover water damage due to a burst pipe, and flood water damage isn’t covered. It is important to speak with a qualified insurance agent to see if you should purchase an additional flood insurance rider.

FEMA describes a flood as “A general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least one of which is the policyholder’s property) from:

Overflow of inland or tidal waters, unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source, mudflow, collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood as defined above”.

Call one of our flood insurance agents in Washington or Oregon today to get more information about flood insurance in your area.

Auto Insurance Coverages

Figuring out all the industry jargon when shopping for car insurance can be frustrating.  Knowing the limits of each category can only help you if you understand what they each mean.  The auto insurance agents at Vern Fonk are ready to help you determine just how much coverage you may need on your car insurance. We’re ready to help you understand exactly what you’re paying for and make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck.

Here are the most common types of coverages you’ll find on a typical car insurance policy:

Collision Insurance Coverage

Collision coverage helps pay for repairs and replacement to your car if your accident is at fault and involves another car, crashing into another object or rolling over.

Comprehensive Insurance Coverage

This type of coverage helps pay for repairs and replacement to your car if it has been damaged due to something that is not accident related. This may include fire, theft, vandalism, falling objects, animals (hitting on the road), and natural disasters.

Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Coverage

This type of coverage is the most common coverage and comes on just about every policy. The “liability” part of this coverage means “responsibility” and refers to both covering the bodily injury damage caused to people in the crash and the property damage damage done to vehicles in the crash. So basically, it helps pay for expenses for medical bills and property damage if you are at fault in an accident.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

It has been reported that about 1 in every 7 drivers on the road are uninsured in the US. An accident with an uninsured driver can result in costs that aren’t covered by your basic liability insurance coverage on your policy. This is where uninsured motorist coverage comes in. It can help with costs associated with accidents with uninsured drivers. It’s an added protection that can help you make sure you don’t get stuck with the bill. This coverage can cover bodily injury or property damage or both.

Personal Injury Protection

Personal Injury Protection (aka PIP) helps pay for medical expenses, income loss and benefits for yourself and members of your household in the case of accidental injury or death. This can include lost wages due to injury, medical bills and other collateral costs.

These are just some of the basic coverages that many policies will cover. Speak with a Vern Fonk car insurance specialist in Washington or Oregon today to figure out how much coverage you should have on your vehicle and on yourself.