Auto insurance is one of the most important purchases someone can make to help safeguard themselves as well as their loved ones. Buying car insurance is a great way to plan for the future and it helps keep you on the path to succeed. Auto insurance can protect you from very expensive and unfortunate accidents.
Car insurance is a tool for success. It can help you:
- Protect the investment you made in your car
- Pay for costly medical bills if you’re in an accident
- Pay for costs accrued from a lawsuit if you’re in an accident
- Protect your home and property from any damaged caused by a car accident
- Protect from costly repairs on your car from vandalism
- Drive through life at ease, knowing you’ll be covered if an accident were to happen. A great stress reliever
Having a basic car insurance policy is required in every state in the nation. Not all auto insurance policies are the same, and it’s important to know exactly what you’re paying for. Skimping on some coverages, just to save some money monthly, can end up costing you a fortune in the long run. Make sure you’ve got the best coverage amounts for your situation in your policy today.
There are discounts you may qualify for on all of your insurance policies. Car insurance, homeowner’s insurance, business insurance, and more offer thousands of different types of discounts that you should try and cash in on. Find a good insurance policy at a cheap price isn’t as hard as it seems, you just have to ask about what discounts you may qualify for at the insurance company you are seeking.
Car insurance companies offer many different discounts to their customers to help them lower their insurance premiums. The most common types of discounts are: multi vehicle discounts, multi policy discounts, safety equipment discounts, low mileage discounts, good student discounts, and good driver discounts. Offered discounts can vary from one company to the next as well as the dollar amount of which they can save you. Ask an agent today about auto insurance discounts you may qualify for.
Most people don’t know that there are discounts available on homeowner’s insurance policies as well. Many people just pay the quoted price and think nothing of discounts. You can save a lot of money if you just ask if you qualify for other discounts. The most common homeowner’s discounts include: multi policy discounts (bundling your home, car and life at one company), protective device discounts, newly renovated home discount, new home discount, and more! Ask a homeowner’s insurance agent today to see what discounts you may be missing on your policy.
Insurance discounts can save you a lot of money without sacrificing protection and coverages on your policy. As always, it’s important to speak with an experienced, expert insurance agent to see what discounts on insurance you qualify for and which policies fit your needs best.
Call a Vern Fonk Insurance Agency near you today to find the best car insurance, homeowner’s insurance, business insurance rates and more!
Have you ever tried to read your car insurance policy documents? They can get pretty confusing, using terms the average person doesn’t understand. Knowing exactly what’s in your auto insurance policy is important because you want to make sure you’re covered correctly and that you’re not paying for anything extra.
Here are the common terms that you’ll want to be familiar with when shopping for car insurance:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Sometimes referred to as “BI”, it pays for injuries to other people involved besides the driver in an at fault accident. This liability coverage also can cover the costs of legal fees if you are sued.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This type of coverage covers the costs of repair on your vehicle for damage caused by an event that doesn’t involve a collision. Comprehensive coverage can help pay for repair/replacement costs due to fire, theft, windstorm, flood and theft/vandalism.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage types covers the costs of repair to your vehicle if it collides with another object or if it flips over. This is the most common type of insurance coverage and there are typically state required minimums for protection for all cars.
- Property Damage Liability: Sometimes referred to as (PD), it pays for damage to other people’s property from an accident where you are at fault. It can also help pay for the costs of legal fees if you are sued.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: These types of coverages help cover you if you are in an accident and the other person at fault doesn’t have enough or any insurance to cover your repair costs or medical bills.
If you have any other questions about what the terms in your auto insurance policy mean, or if you’re looking for the best car insurance rates around, give us a call today!
Renters insurance is necessity for anyone renting in Washington and Oregon. Renter’s insurance typically comes as two parts – renters liability insurance and renter’s content insurance. The first, renter’s liability insurance, is designed to protect the renter from damages caused by an accident to the property or to an individual on the property. Renters content insurance can help cover the cost of replacement value of any items that are stolen, damaged by fire or even lost.
The most common reasons people get renters insurance are:
- To Protect Themselves from Theft: Renter’s insurance can help you cover the cost of lost or damaged items due to theft or vandalism. Most commonly stolen items from homes can be very expensive to replace so having a backup plan is very wise.
- To Protect Themselves from Fire Damage: Renters insurance can help replace or reimburse you for any damages done to your property if your place were to catch on fire. Sometimes it can also pay for hotel stays while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
- To Protect from Injuries on the Property: Renters liability insurance can help cover the cost of medical or legal bills if someone were to get injured on your property. These fees can add up quickly and it’s very helpful to have insurance coverage to help during these challenging times.
As you can see, renters insurance can be a lifesaver when it comes down to an emergency or accident. For only a few bucks a month, most people will agree that renters insurance is totally worth it.